Wish You All a very very Happy New Year 2012

Coming up the exclusive Fly Peace Campaign... to know more details contact 9983762103

Thursday, June 24, 2010

"By The Way"

There is a hope, fear, and dream inside everyone. That’s a nice sentence for starting an article about young people. When I thought of writing something about the youth, I myself got confused where to start and how to start. I, myself, belong to the community of today’s youth. So I think in the initial sentence of this article I should also add the “confusion” word.
As I have planned (after combating the confusions), I’ll write a series of articles on young people who are from different socio economic, cultural and educational background and what are their hopes, fears, dreams and CONFUSIONS. Why I have written the word confusion in caps. Am I giving importance to this word or this word itself is an integral part of youth’s life.
Well, as the series will go on you will know the same virtues of mine also as I’m trying to find the same in other young people or it may be my own perception of seeing things. Again, I’m sounding CONFUSED.
Let’s just not talk about myself; you will gradually know me by reading me.
For some official work (yes, official, my NGO is professional and we do work professionally, so official word is apt), I happened to visit someone in Ramganj bazaar (that’s a part of Jaipur’s old city, yupp the heritage one). There I saw a girl, sitting quietly and fastening shoe laces of her niece. I noticed innocence at her face. I met her sister as I was on the mission of selecting few people for our community work. Then by someone I got to know about her tragic personal life. She came for interview in my office. I was in the interview panel. The first impression shouldn’t be a last impression so I strictly interviewed her. She was firm on her stances. The views and ideas were still raw and unpolished but they were full of feelings and experiences.
She joined the office. Regardless to say that I wished her to join us, as I wanted to explore this girl. Today she has been with me since past one year. Now a new face of her life started with us. She couldn’t pursue her studies due to issues in personal life, but now she wants to study further. Whatever work she takes, she does that with full responsibility and zeal. She has started laughing as in her own words, she couldn’t few months back.
Why these changes happened? A girl from a lower middle class, conservative family, who perhaps missed the element of happiness in her life, has started thinking and doing. Yes, thinking and doing as earlier she was only into doing not into thinking. Still she has a long way to go but the process has been started.
She comes to office by bus and once a week she comes office by walking (4 Km either side). Is she saving money? She gives that money to any handicapped helpless person she meets in the way. This is her way of charity.
She reads, works, talks and most importantly thinks. This is her way of contributing to the human resources’ pool of our country. Her resilience gives me lot of energy as I see her combating the CONFUSIONS. She gives us all credit but whatever we did to give her a chance, was our work but the way she is exploring her own potentials is remarkable.
Another person I happened to meet just 3 months’ back is a young Dance instructor (Oh, I disclosed that I go to dance classes). A very young, happy-go-lucky boy who perhaps far away from setting missions for him. A young passionate person but trapped in CONFUSIONS. What sort of confusions? He himself doesn’t know. He comes from an affluent family. He has access to all possible urban luxuries with the fulfillment of basic amenities properly. When he dances, he is like butterfly kissing a flower. So delicate but firm also.
I think, for start, this introduction is sufficient because now onwards I’ll take you through the CONFUSION combating journey of these two people. Others will keep on taking entry in these journeys. One person who knows that she is confused and wants to show her life a path. The other one who still don’t know that he is confused. But few virtues common. They both are passionate, have lots of dreams, hopes with ofcource fears also.
I hope you will enjoy the journey of “The Meenu” and “The Naveen”.

4 comments:

@ngel ~ said...

Nice & interesting article... Waiting for the next one in series :)

Emilia said...

Thank you Richa for these thoughts, and sharing the stories of "The Meenu" and "The Naveen".

It seems to me that the more options you have in life to choose from, the more confused you'll end up with. Confusion, though, is not automatically something negative. It just might be a chance re-evaluate things and one's own choises. Maybe the easiest way out is to accept the confusion as a vital part of life - as a motor for exploring life and its possibilities.

Awaiting for continuation for this series!
- Emilia

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Meenakshi said...

I so agree with Emilia. Confusion is an integral part of not just a young persons ;life but everyones. If dealt wisely confusion gives us an opportunity to reflect, analyse, weigh between options and allows us to take a decision to the best of our knowledge. One must just be ready to deal with the decisions we take and its repercussions. We need to take full responsibility for our actions!!

Copyright 2010-2011 Pravah Jaipur Initiative. All rights reserved.