Wish You All a very very Happy New Year 2012

Coming up the exclusive Fly Peace Campaign... to know more details contact 9983762103

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Charu's Change Journey in Pravah

Well, it's been more than one and a half years now since I joined Pravah. Its been an absolutely amazing journey. PJI is not just a normal meeting place, not just as NGO for me. It's more like a family in which I've grown up over time.

When i joined in July 2008, I had no clue that getting associated with Pravah would change my life 180 degrees. Before I joined, I actually had no idea of what I wanted from my life--I was a girl who was ignorant of the real life, having some kind of dissatisfaction. But when i joined, I actually met beautiful people, people who are not just friends with whom you sit and have fun, but friends from whom you learn every time.

At PJI, I learned how to be with different kinds of people, because everybody came from absolutely different backgrounds. It provided me with an amazing platform to express what I feel and what I think, and to think about things which I had never bothered to give my time. Pravah boosted my self confidence, which I had lost a long time back.

This is how my journey with Pravah started, and gradually over time Pravah became my family, a family which has been a support to me in everything I want to do--whether it was providing aid to convert my ideas into realities, or supporting me to start my own group called Pahal, which works on environmental pollution, or to get associated with the NGO Faith where I volunteer. Over time,  through Pravah I got in touch with other organizations, strengthening my bond with Pravah.

My association with Pravah has not just changed me, but also the outlook of people towards me. The contributions of Pravah are quite apparent in me when I got into a big organisation like NTPC for my training, and proved myself by getting the highest marks in my panel interview. The most important thing that i got from Pravah was the concept of networking, since it gave me ample opportunities to meet people who are masters in their own field.

After getting involved with Pravah, doors of opportunity have opened for me. In a sentence, Pravah is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and its only because of Pravah that today I know what I want to do in my life. Thanks to Pravah for being my family throughout my stay here in Jaipur, where I am so far away from my family.   

Charu Jhalani

No comments:

Copyright 2010-2011 Pravah Jaipur Initiative. All rights reserved.