Wish You All a very very Happy New Year 2012

Coming up the exclusive Fly Peace Campaign... to know more details contact 9983762103

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jitendra’s Experience…


“I have only been coming to Pravah for two months, everything felt new and unfamiliar. Through the preparatory process for the Youth Festival I felt I have became fully integrated into the team. I made loads of new friends and underwent what I believe to be some important personal journeys as well. 


The process had a clear system to it. There was no hustle and bustle;we worked coherently and enthusiastically as a team. It was a very energizing atmosphere to be a part of.


I have been writing songs for a long time but never performed live in front of an audience. I didn’t think I was good enough, I was too shy However after coming to Pravah people encouraged me to perform. Their feedback and excitement rubbed off on me and my confidence grew enormously. I eventually made my live debut at the festival alongside other Pravah volunteers and my own band from college. The process had huge impact on me artistically also.


I’d never though to write songs which address and explore social issues before but this processes set me off along this new road. It gave me more creative ideas, more awareness and this came out in my music and lyrics. It’s filled my soul my huge desire to continue. As an artist I now believe I have a duty to society, so much can be achieved through music and lyrics. Music can transcend barriers and speak to peoples hearts like nothing else can.



I decided our band would be called ‘Adhyatm’, spirituality pureness, oneness”

Jitendra, Age 21, PJI Volunteer



No comments:

Copyright 2010-2011 Pravah Jaipur Initiative. All rights reserved.